May 19, 2022

2 avoid injury after kitchen fire at duplex in Manhattan

Posted May 19, 2022 8:30 PM

Manhattan— Two people escaped injury ia fire at home in Manhattan on Thursday.

Just after 2 p.m., the Manhattan Fire Department was dispatched to a fire at 208 Parker Drive, according to Assistant Chief Sam Dameron.

Upon arrival, crews found a single-story duplex with light smoke coming from the structure.  Upon entry, crews located a fire on the stove and were able to use a fire extinguisher to extinguish the fire.  

At the time of the fire, there were two occupants in the residence.  Both occupants were able to exit the structure without injury.

Loss is estimated at $10,000 to contents and $10,000 to the structure. The owner is listed as Greg Gilman Trust of Manhattan, Ks.  The fire cause was due to an unattended cooking fire.